Lecturer: Burkhard Kittl, Bleicher Friedrich, Mertz, R.
• Introduction to machine tools (operating area, component tool and workpiece handling)
• Requirements on machine tools (quality, efficiency, flexibility, integration, costs)
• Machine tool concepts
• Automated machine tools
• Manufacturing Systems (machining center, manufacturing cell, manufacturing system, transfer line)
• Integration of machine tools
• Manufacturing Execution Systems
Objectives and competences:
In this course, an introduction to the manufacturing process is given. This includes the coordination of human, machine, material, and information with the goal to optimize the finishing accuracy, the production time, the production costs, the flexibility, the overall organization, the technology, and the ergonomic aspects.
Intended learning outcomes:
Knowledge and understanding:
The aim of the course is to provide the students with a comprehensive overview over the machine tools, the requirements on machine tools, the machine tool concepts according to technology, and the variety of automated machine tools. The students become aware of modern manufacturing systems and the integration of machine tools in manufacturing execution systems.