Advanced Engineering Informatics
HomeCurriculum structure1ST SEMESTER: UNIVERSITY OF ZAGREBAdvanced Engineering Informatics
Course teachers: Neven Pavković, Nenad Bojčetić
Course objectives: Introduction to artificial intelligence. Getting basic knowledge of expert systems. Obtaining a deeper understanding of engineering design, and how advanced information technologies might be used to support it and study it. Working on experimental development project of advanced IT (AI) system for design process support in particular domain. Introduction to methods and tools for developing IoT (Internet of Things) compliant products.
Expected learning outcomes:
By mastering the course the student will be able:
- to independently develop a programming tool for solving a partial problem in product development process
- To design and develop a component of complex software system – the emphasis is put on numerical calculations and CAD systems
customizations and extensions
- to justify the investments for development and/or purchasing of complex (advanced) software support
- to rank the current programming techniques and methodologies, to be aware of and able to compete with problems in development and implementation of complex software tools and systems
- to understand basic principles of IoT and its role in product design.