Lecturer: Vrabič Rok
- The mechatronic system design process.
- Simulation of mechatronic systems.
- Hardware-in-the-loop and controller-in-the-loop approaches.
- Design of electronics for mechatronic systems.
- Integrated circuits.
- Printed circuit board (PCB) design and manufacture.
- Mechatronic system prototyping.
- Validation and testing of mechatronic prototypes.
Objectives and competences:
The course objectives are to introduce the principles, methods, techniques, and tools used in mechatronic system prototyping. The mechatronic system design process, from specification to prototype manufacturing, is detailed. Mechatronic system simulation is presented. Simulation methods are augmented with hardware-in-the-loop and controller-in-the-loop approaches. Electronic prototyping tools and techniques are introduced. Printed circuit board (PCB) design methodology is presented. Validation and testing of mechatronic prototypes is introduced.
Intended learning outcomes:
Knowledge and understanding:
To understand and be able to perform the mechatronic system design process from specification to prototyping. To be able to use simulation tools to guide the prototyping process. To have the ability to create a printed circuit board design and prototype for a mechatronic system.