Industrial Information Systems
Lecturer: Redlein, A.
• Introduction to Industrial Information Systems
• Definitions Business processes oriented aspects
• Technical foundations (database technology, web technologies, architectures etc..)
• Basic concepts for operational information management
• Operational standard software systems (ERP systems, PLM/PDM systems, Groupware, CSCW etc.)
• Enterprise Application integration
• Enterprise-wide information systems
Objectives and competences:
In this course, a comprehensive introduction to the main IT systems of an enterprise from the technical perspective is given. This includes an overview of operational information systems and over the methods and tools utilized to build such IT systems.
Intended learning outcomes:
Knowledge and understanding:
The aim of the course is to provide the students with a comprehensive overview of operational information systems. The students are aware of the tasks and functions, such those systems fulfil. Further, the students become acquainted with the methods for project and change management in the context of introductory projects.